Monday, May 14, 2012

Serious with the sacrament

If you cannot tell, I have really been working on the faith value.  I think it is so very important to make sure we have strong faith in our Savior and in the gospel and that was something I wanted to work on.  Anyway, for the last three Sundays I have been working on faith value experience number four.  I read the scriptures about the Last Supper and I tried to think about what the disciples might have been feeling.  I don't know if they really recognized the magnitude of what the Savior was about to do for all the world - offering Himself as a sacrifice for mankind.  I guess I don't really recognized the magnitude of the atonement either, but I do know that the Savior came to the world to live for us and to die for us.  Without Him, none of us could make it to return to live with our Father in Heaven.  During the sacrament these past couple of weeks, I tried to really focus on the words during the singing and during the prayers.  I even asked Will for help because I knew I wouldn't be able to focus like I should if I was busy with two little kids.  Thankfully, Will was very nice and helpful.  I tried to really remember why we take the sacrament and what I could do to be more grateful for my Savior.  I also wanted to focus on ways I could improve in my life.  I realize that I don't pay enough attention to spiritually feeding my children.  I am so careful to make sure they are physically full, but I can do more to make sure they are spiritually fed.  That is what I have realized lately.  It is my responsibility as their parent to be sure they truly understand the gospel and understand the atonement.  Anyway, now I am just rambling.  It was a good experience really focusing on the atonement and on the sacrament these last couple of weeks.  Maybe Will and I can take turns focusing on the kids and focusing on spiritual matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment