So I started the first part of faith value experience number five thinking it wasn't too hard reading the scriptures and writing my feelings about the Savior in my journal. It was actually really nice reading all the verses and just thinking about how much my Savior loves me personally. There was one scripture that really made me ponder because it talks about how a lot of people would be willing to die for the righteous. I know I would be willing to die for my spouse or children or even someone like Joseph Smith or Mother Theresa. But Christ was willing to die for the sinner - the one who strays from the path and needs repentance in order to ever have a chance to return to our Heavenly Father. It made me stop and think about whether I would be willing to die for the adulterer or the thief or whatnot.
Anyway, it was the second part of the experience requirement that made me nervous and that was sharing my feelings in a testimony meeting. I don't really like public speaking and I knew that I should bear it during a real testimony meeting (Will offered to have a testimony meeting at home for Family Home Evening). It took me awhile yesterday to convince myself to just stand up and walk to the front of the chapel. But once I was bearing my testimony, I felt really good about it. I don't know if anybody in the congregation was really paying much attention, but I know that our Heavenly Father hears our testimonies. I do know that Christ came to earth to live as an example for us and to die as a sacrifice for us. We cannot return to our Heavenly Father without the atonement; these scriptures and pondering over my testimony have been a good reminder for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment