Saturday, April 14, 2012

Faith value experience 6

So I knew that I wanted to do something for personal progress yesterday for my scripture study,but I wasn't sure what.  Then I found this experience in the faith value that is all about the plan of salvation.  I enjoy learning more about the plan of salvation, so I read all the scriptures and then I made a chart of the plan and presented it to Will and Whitney.  Will was a very good audience for the whole presentation- Whitney not so much.  But she did seem to like the pictures I drew.  I tried to draw extra pictures that she would know - a cloud for heaven, a baby for earth life, etc.  It was interesting to try to share something with Will that I knew he already knew all about and to Whitney who doesn't really know anything about it.  What I enjoyed was thinking about how knowledge of this plan of happiness affects our faith and our actions.  Since we know that we lived in heaven before we were born and that we make decisions here on earth that will impact all of eternities, that makes me want to make good choices that will lead our family back to the celestial kingdom.  My actions now will determine what happens after this life.  I tried to really simplify it for Whitney - "be good" I basically told her.  So it was an interesting little experience; I liked sharing my testimony with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment