To start out I wanted definitions of Quality and Characteristic. So I found them.
Qualities:a. An inherent or distinguishing characteristic; a property. b. A personal trait, especially a character trait:
Characteristic: A feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify it.
With that in mind I read the reading and found these Divine Qualities:
D&C 121:45--Charity; Think good thoughts
Alma
7:23-24--Humble; Gentle; Be willing to do things; Patient; Easy to be
asked to do things; Level headed; Obedient; Asking for help; Giving
thanks; Hope; Faith; Charity; Doing Good.
2 Peter 1--Knowledge of
God; Virtue; Knowledge; Temperance (Self Control); Patience; Godliness
(Reverent); Brotherly Kindness; Charity
The Family: A Proclamation
to the World--Created of in the Image of God; Beloved Daughter of
Heavenly Parents; I have a divine destiny as an heir of eternal life;
creator of mortal life.
In the Family Proclamations they had more Duties than Qualities listed so I listed some of the Duties I had from being a Daughter of God.
--Duty: Get married, have children, to
love and care for husband and for my children; rear my children in love
and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs,
and to teach them to love and serve one another, observe the
commandments of God, and be law-abiding citizens wherever they
live; honor marital vows with complete fidelity; developed a home based on principles of faith,
prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and
wholesome recreational activities; nurture of my children; help my
husband fulfill his role.
How Can I discover and develop these qualities.
I think most things should start with pray and this is no different. Pray
for the help to strengthen these qualities. I could even fast. And coupled with praying and fasting is reading the scriptures. I can read about these traits in the scriptures. I can find people who have the
traits I like and watch what they do. Make a list of the things they do and make goals about doing these things.
Report back to my goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment