Monday, March 10, 2014

Divine Nature 4--Allison

Memorize the sacrament prayers in Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79. During the sacrament, listen carefully to the prayers and think about what it means to take upon yourself the name of Jesus Christ and how doing this should affect your actions and decisions. Practice keeping your baptismal covenants. Begin by doing something each day to recognize and further develop your divine qualities and to help you always remember the Lord Jesus Christ. After two weeks record your experience in your journal.

In Divine Nature 2 I made a list of divine qualities I could develop. So that was helpful to have that list so I could look at it and decide what qualities to work on that day.

I've enjoyed this experience. I've never made the connection of my baptismal covenants and my divine nature. And that my divine nature helps me to remember Christ and keep my covenants. I've been meaning to memorize the prayer, and this gave me the time. To take upon the name of Jesus Christ is to become like him. The divine qualities I develop-He has. 



There was also this cool article I stumbled upon about keeping your covenants everyday.
https://www.lds.org/youth/article/everyday-covenant-keeping?lang=eng
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment