So this morning I decided to do another personal progress value project and I picked one in Individual Worth. It is the fourth one and I thought it was interesting. First, I read about order. It only listed one scripture to read but I thought it was interesting and I looked up some more scriptures in the topical guide and the index. I was surprised at how often the saints were commanded to have order in their lives and to keep things in order. I know that I can be better at keeping my life in order.
Anyway, then I wrote in my journal some of my life goals and plans to achieve those goals. I know that when I was in young womens I wanted to finish college and get married and have children. Those were my three main life goals. Now, I have been lucky enough to have all three of those goals completed. So I spent a little time thinking about some new life goals for myself. My main one relates to being a mom. I have two young children who don't always listen or behave in church or during scriptures or family home evening, but I want all my children to remain active in the church and marry in the temple and become good, righteous citizens. So I will continue to hold scriptures and prayers and have weekly family home evening because I know that will help my children learn what is most important in life.
Another one of my goals is to eventually go back to school to get my masters degree. I want to become a marriage and family therapist to help out families who are struggling. I don't know when I will be able to accomplish this goal since it will require a lot of time and money. But I thought that maybe I could look online to see about costs of different schools and maybe to even try to take some online courses. I don't know if that will be possible for a masters degree, but I have never looked so I think it may work.
And one of my goals is to get into family history work. I think it is important to have connections between us and our ancestors. I have never really done much and I don't really know where to start. Maybe mom can give me some directions. I think maybe I will ask the parents and ask Will's parents for what they think I can do so I can get started. Now that we have the internet I can look up things on-line and maybe get some names ready for the temple. I think that would be really cool.
Anyway, those are the things I thought about today. I have kind of forgotten that it is important to have my own goals as well - things that I can be striving for. So if anybody has any suggestions on things I can do to get started on my goals, I would be grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment