Monday, January 23, 2012

Divine Nature #1

I had a little time to myself on Sunday morning while everyone was still sleeping, so I decided to do another personal progress value.  I chose a simple one - the first value experience in divine nature.  I read the Family proclamation and some scriptures that all talked about divine qualities we should be striving for in our lives.  I especially liked the verses in 2nd Peter chapter one that talk about adding qualities onto each other: add virtue unto faith and add patience and brotherly kindness and charity.  I thought it interesting that all the things we read mentioned charity or love in some way.  I was thinking how I could add more brotherly kindness in my life.  I think it means more than just giving service because you can serve begrudgingly, but when you really love someone, you want to help them and be nice to them.  I also thought that I should work on patience, especially here in my own home.  I need to be more patient with Whitney when she is doing things I may not like, I need to remember that she is only one and cannot be expected to be perfect all the time.  So I know there are a couple of divine qualities I can be developing in my life and I am going to try to do better.  Peter says that if we have these qualities we will never fall and we will return to our Heavenly Father's kingdom - what a great promise!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great promise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew 22:37-40
    Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, this is the first and great commandment
    And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On theses two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

    ReplyDelete