Thursday, January 5, 2012

Knowledge #1

I am not sure how many people will be looking at each other's progress, but I think it is a great idea to have a blog so we can see how people are doing on their programs.  My goal was to do two little value experiences a month.  The first one I have done comes from Knowledge and it is the first required experience.  I read some scriptures about knowledge thinking I wouldn't really learn anything new since I have read all those scriptures before.  But it is funny how when we think we won't learn anything new, but then study with an open mind, we really do learn something new.  That is one thing I learned today about knowledge.  When we study the scriptures wanting to learn something, then we will.  The scripture in Doctrine and Covenants reminded me that our intelligence travels with us into the next life and we will be better off if we learn more while on earth.  I have been kind of stagnant in my learning since leaving college, so I have decided to try to read some more educational books.  You can find all kinds of great things at the library.  I checked out some books about getting back in shape and eating healthy, so I am going to study and try to do better at gaining knowledge.  That is my goal.  Okay, bye!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it good, yet sad, that we get what we put into it. You can always learn something from the scriptures if you have the right attitude(to bring the Spirit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure glad that Courtney figured out how to post. I am a real dork and for the life of me cannot figure it out. Perhaps someone might feel sorry for me and clue me in?

    ReplyDelete